Be A Shield. Be A Volunteer.
You can be a shield against hunger, homelessness and despair by volunteering to support The Salvation Army. There are opportunities to help throughout the year, and we are dedicated to finding a good match between a volunteer's time and talents, and our opportunities for service. We strive to provide volunteers with a rewarding and satisfying experience.
The Salvation Army offers volunteer opportunities for individuals and for groups. Independent volunteering is a great way to meet new people while helping others, and group projects serve as effective team-building activities for groups. We encourage the entire family to volunteer. Students can earn Community Service hours for school by volunteering for The Salvation Army.
Regular volunteer activities include;
- Serving meals to the hungry
- Food pantry assistance
- Data entry
- Interior painting projects
- Light landscaping
- Filing and clerical activities
- Professionals can volunteer to teach life skills, resume building, or computer training classes
- Helping with check-in at the emergency shelter
- Reading to or tutoring children in our programs
- Washing towels and sheets for our shelter program
- Nursing home visitations
- Thanksgiving and holiday food distribution
- Ringing bells during the holidays
- Distributing Angel Tree gifts to families
- And much, more more
Please contact your local Salvation Army to learn about volunteer opportunities in your community:
click here for more informationor
Connect with us:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook and stay in touch with the events and services for the Tampa Bay area: